Sun, May 21|
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE)
AMPIYACU CROSSING EXPEDITION 20 DAYS (Join 1 Booked Traveler)
DATE / TIME / LOCATION
May 21, 7:00 AM GMT-5 – Jun 11, 7:00 AM GMT-5
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE), CALLE MOORE 908, IQUITOS-PERU
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: MODERATE
AGE REQUIREMENT: 18 +
Destination: Amazon Rainforest.
Country and Region: Peru - Loreto Region.
Arrival/Departure City: Iquitos
Ethnic Groups Nearby: Huitoto/Bora/Ocaina/Yaguas.
Groups Classification: Sporadic and Permanent Contacted.
Accommodation: Tents/Mosquito Nets/Hammocks.
Main Objective: The Exploration and Crossing of the Ampiyacu-Apayacu Regional Conservation Area for Wildlife Sighting, and the Visit of Different Native Communities Around, with the Final Purpose of Contacting and Coexisting with an Old Traditional Family in Voluntary Isolation.
Other Available Event: Intro to Amazon Survival.
Additional and Optional Service Upon Request: Shamanism with Ayahuasca Master Plants.
Minimum Participants Per Group: (2).
Maximum Participants Per Group: (6).
Advance Booking Conditions: 1 Month Minimum.
Booking Payment Conditions: 50% Required.
Booking Payment Due: As Soon as 2 Participants are Signed Up.
Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards and Bank Transfer.
Remaining Payment Deadline: Arrival Day in Iquitos.
Payment Adjustments Based on Growing Group: Handle on Arrival.
Travel Dates Needed From Start To Finish:
- Sunday, May 21st - Departure Iquitos - Jungle 17:00
- Monday, May 22nd - Day 1
- Saturday, June 10th - Day 20
- Sunday, June 11th - Arriving Jungle - Iquitos Around Around 14:00
SHARED EXPEDITION BOOKING AGREEMENT:
Every single participant must clearly read, follow, and respect all established activities offered within their rough expedition outline. Doing this will help avoid conflicts with any other participating traveler within your group. Remember, This Is Not Your Private Expedition!.
Signing up for an expedition does not guarantee your seat unless your 50% reservation payment is received.
Amazon Expeditioners will only allow a maximum limit of 6 participants and a minimum of 2 participants per group, all this with the purpose of maintaining the best quality experience during our jungle explorations. We truly believe 6 travelers or less fits this criteria.
Once the 50% deposit payment of your reservation is formally made on your shared expedition, there is no going back since the decision of abandoning your group, will not only affect us as organizers but will also affect other travelers who have already promised and paid their reservations to travel with you, if this turns to be the case. "You Will Basically Lose Your 50% Reservation Deposit Payment".
All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Ampiyacu Crossing Expedition 20 to 30 Days; This expedition will take travelers to explore and cross several interesting jungle locations in the Ampiyacu-Apayacu territory, including quick stops at some of the surrounding remote villages to identify the older traditional men and women from different ethnic groups who are still present in the area as the truth keepers and guardians of their now titled assigned lands. We'll try to search and find for some of the last of the old generations who are still alive and the only ones keeping fresh in their memory their past life and the unforgettable moments lived during their first contact with modern civilizations. If time allows we will stay with a family in voluntary isolation to share ancient customs and traditions.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE AMPIYACU EXPEDITION 8-14 DAYS LONG AND THE AMPIYACU CROSSING EXPEDITION 20-30 DAYS LONG, IS THAT SIMPLY WITH THE NUMBER OF DAYS OFFERED WITH THE FIRST OPTION, THE EXPLORATION OF ITS VAST TERRITORY WILL ONLY BE ACHIEVED, BUT NOT ITS CROSSING AS WITH THE SECOND OPTION.
As a quick note; this is one of the jungle territories (The Apampiyacu-Apayacu Regional Conservation Area) as well as (The Yaguas National Park) who are connected to each other, and that are now considered/recognized as "National Protected Areas", where the ethnic groups described below went through slavery and suffered from illegal atrocities during the rubber boom largely between 1879 and 1912.
Just keep in mind, that the longer your availability, the more extensive and intensive your experience will be, and the more you extend and intensify your experience, the more remote, isolated, challenging and interesting your journey will get.
FOR TRAVELERS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN 30 DAYS, OUR RECOMMENDATION WOULD BE TO OPT FOR OUR AMAZON SURVIVAL EXPEDITION, WITH THIS EXPEDITION WE'ILL BE ABLE TO CROSS MORE REMOTE JUNGLE TERRITORIES, WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF REACHING THE TRIPLE FRONTIER (PERU, BRAZIL AND COLOMBIA) AS A FINAL CHALLENGE.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off Transportation.
- Hotel/hostel search assistance upon arrival to Iquitos (if needed).
- Fluvial transportation service to/from remote destinations (speed & slow boats).
- Entry permits to indigenous territories.
- Economic support to villages nearby.
- First Responders Wilderness Kit for Emergencies.
- Satellite Devices with Active and Unlimited 24/7 SOS Coverage.
- Two-way communication radios.
- Daily meals provided during the expedition (based on traditional local food).
- Filtered water during the expedition.
- Lead Guide/Translator (English-Spanish).
- Native Assistant Guides/Translators (Spanish-Any Local Indigenous Language).
- (2-3) Master Shamans (if requested)
- Gear (tents, sleeping mats, and bags, machetes, set of personal flatware).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to and from Iquitos.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel/hostel in Iquitos.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Booking in Advance is Highly Recommended; for the collection of personal information, to request authorization of entry to indigenous territories at all levels (national, regional, and communal authorities), logistic preparation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Be advised; this is an open to the public SHARED EXPEDITION, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- Arrival and Departure Recommendation to and from Iquitos; 1 day before and 1 day after your trip.
- Rucksack Size and Weight Recommendations; 55-65 liters and 10 kilos.
- For full packing list details visit our What to Pack page.
- In case of Shamanism with Ayahuasca Master Shamans are Requested; Travelers are highly advised to visit our next link "Master Plants Diet Info".
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
- For additional information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SIGNING UP: TO RECEIVE THE FULL OUTLINE AND RATES ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT, PLEASE SIGN UP PROVIDING US YOUR VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE CONTACT NUMBER! .....SINCE OUR TEAM WILL ONLY CONTACT YOU VIA WHATSAPP.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE NUMBER AT THE MOMENT OF SIGNING UP, YOU'LL BE NOT CONSIDER AS A SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT. IN OTHER WORDS, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME NOR YOURS.