Sat, Sep 16|
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE)
AMAZON SURVIVAL EXPEDITION 14 DAYS (6 OF 6 AVAILABLE SEATS)
DATE / TIME / LOCATION
Sep 16, 7:00 AM GMT-5 – Oct 01, 7:00 AM GMT-5
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE), CALLE MOORE 908, IQUITOS-PERU
Level of Difficulty: Challenging
Age Requirement: 18 +
Destination: Amazon Rainforest.
Country and Region: Peru - Loreto Region.
Arrival/Departure City: Iquitos
Ethnic Groups Nearby: Huitoto/Bora/Ocaina/Yaguas.
Groups Classification: Sporadic and Permanent Contacted.
Accommodation: Tents/Mosquito Nets/Hammocks.
Main Objective: Amazon Survival.
Other Included Events: Exploration and Crossing of Remote Amazon Territories, Wildlife Sighting, Visit and Coexistence with Ethnic Groups in Voluntary Isolation for Customs and Traditions Sharing.
Additional and Optional Service Upon Request: Shamanism with Ayahuasca Master Shamans.
Minimum Participants Per Group: (2).
Maximum Participants Per Group: (6).
Advance Booking Conditions: 1 Month Minimum.
Booking Payment Conditions: 50% Required.
Booking Payment Due: As Soon as 2 Participants are Signed Up.
Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards and Bank Transfer.
Remaining Payment Deadline: Arrival Day in Iquitos.
Payment Adjustments Based on Growing Group: Handle on Arrival.
Travel Dates Needed From Start To Finish:
- Saturday, September 16th - Departure Iquitos -Jungle 17:00
- Sunday, September 17th - Day 1
- Saturday, September 30th - Day 14
- Sunday, October 1st - Arrival Jungle-Iquitos Around 14:00
SHARED EXPEDITION BOOKING AGREEMENT:
Every single participant must clearly read, follow, and respect all established activities offered within their rough expedition outline. Doing this will help avoid conflicts with any other participating traveler within your group. Remember, This Is Not Your Private Expedition!.
Signing up for an expedition does not guarantee your seat unless your 50% reservation payment is received.
Amazon Expeditioners will only allow a maximum limit of 6 participants and a minimum of 2 participants per group, all this with the purpose of maintaining the best quality experience during our jungle explorations. We truly believe 6 travelers or less fits this criteria.
Once the 50% deposit payment of your reservation is formally made on your shared expedition, there is no going back since the decision of abandoning your group, will not only affect us as organizers but will also affect other travelers who have already promised and paid their reservations to travel with you, if this turns to be the case. "You Will Basically Lose Your 50% Reservation Deposit Payment".
All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Exploration and Crossing of both the Ampiyacu-Apayacu Regional Conservation Area and the Yaguas National Park (All Will Depend and Be Adjusted Based on Available Travel Days).
- Meet and Coexist with Ayahuasca Master Shamans (optional upon request).
- Search, collection, and preparation of long-lasting native foods supplies before entering the jungle.
- Search, collection, and preparation of native medicinal supplies before entering the jungle such as; “Mambe” from coca leaves and cecropia leaves used to elevate body temperature, energy and for hunger, “Ampiri or Ambil'' a residue from the combustion of tobacco used as a poison on the tip of arrows for hunting purposes, also applied topically to kill insect larvae, which is why it is used to treat myiasis and even used to treat snake bites, "Kampu/Kambo/Sapo", best known as “the vaccine of the forest” used for many medicinal purposes, against yellow fever, malaria, snake bites, intestinal cleanse, detoxification of kidneys, liver, and pancreas, etc.
- Search, collection, preparation and training with ancestral weapons and tools before entering the jungle such as fishing poles, hooks, strings, blowpipes, darts, bows, arrows, slingshots, etc.
- Uncomfortable nights in the middle of the Amazon.
- Hikes through the unexplored Ampiyacu-Apayacu and Yaguas jungle territories.
- Physical and mental stress.
- Challenges and unexpected encounters.
- Survival in complete isolation.
- Hikes with inclement weather and on different difficult jungle terrain.
- Crossing of rivers, streams and swamps.
- Continue hiking when navigation by water is not possible.
- Build floating devices when hiking is not possible.
- Hike for several hours and days to achieve destinations
- Build different types of animal traps to catch food.
- Make your own primitive strings and hooks to fish..
- Hunt what's necessary for your own survival.
- Learn to Find drinkable water from natural sources (vines, underground, etc.)
- Find the best wood to build fire.
- Find the best tree barks to make strong natural rope for multiple purposes.
- Build primitive shelters at ground and tree level.
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Cook what you catch during fishing and hunting.
- Use all the natural resources the best you can to your own advantage.
- Identify and use medicinal plants.
- Wildlife explorations in search of remote "Clay Licks" best known as "Collpas" by locals. The word “Collpa” derives from the "Quechua" Inca dialect, which means "Salty Land" all located only on high and non flooded jungle land, where all different species of animals gather to feed from its underground minerals, mainly large birds and mammals such as (tapirs, capybaras, deers, different jungle felines, parrots, etc.).
- Search for remote and unexplored lagoons, caves, waterfalls, and hotsprings.
- Meet and coexist with a traditional family on voluntary isolation for (2) days maximum on (10+) days expeditions.
- Meet and coexist with a traditional family on voluntary isolation for (5+) days to get the best of it on (15+) days expeditions.
- Nomadic overnight stays in different parts of the jungle during the entire expedition.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off Transportation.
- Hotel/hostel search assistance upon arrival to Iquitos (if needed).
- Fluvial transportation service to/from remote destinations (speed & slow boats).
- Entry permits to indigenous territories.
- Economic support to villages nearby.
- First Responders Wilderness Kit for Emergencies.
- Satellite Devices with Active and Unlimited 24/7 SOS Coverage.
- Two-way communication radios.
- Daily meals provided during the expedition (based on traditional local food).
- Filtered water during the expedition.
- Lead Guide/Translator (English-Spanish).
- Native Assistant Guides/Translators (Spanish-Any Local Indigenous Language).
- (1-2) Master Shamans (if requested)
- Gear (tents, sleeping mats, and bags, machetes, set of personal flatware).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to and from Iquitos.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel/hostel in Iquitos.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Booking in Advance is Highly Recommended; for the collection of personal information, to request authorization of entry to indigenous territories at all levels (national, regional, and communal authorities), logistic preparation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Be advised; this is an open to the public SHARED EXPEDITION, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- Arrival and Departure Recommendation to and from Iquitos; 1 day before and 1 day after your trip.
- Rucksack Size and Weight Recommendations; 55-65 liters and 10 kilos.
- For full packing list details visit our What to Pack page.
- Be advised; this unique 14 Days of Amazon Survival is only open to highly motivated participants with strong adaptation capabilities and who are in good physical and mental condition, as they will be responsible for carrying their own equipment on each exploration hike through the primary jungle, as well as to go far and beyond for their own survival needs.
- In case of Shamanism with Ayahuasca Master Shamans are Requested; Travelers are highly advised to visit our next link "Master Plants Diet Info".
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
- For additional information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SIGNING UP: TO RECEIVE THE FULL OUTLINE AND RATES ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT, PLEASE SIGN UP PROVIDING US YOUR VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE CONTACT NUMBER! .....SINCE OUR TEAM WILL ONLY CONTACT YOU VIA WHATSAPP.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH YOUR VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE NUMBER AT THE MOMENT OF SIGNING UP, YOU'LL BE NOT CONSIDER AS A SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT. IN OTHER WORDS, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME NOR YOURS.