Fri, Feb 02|
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE)
AMAZON SURVIVAL 20 DAYS (2) Confirmed Travelers
DATE / TIME / LOCATION
Feb 02, 2024, 7:00 AM GMT-5 – Feb 21, 2024, 5:00 PM GMT-5
AT THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS (OFFICE), CALLE PEVAS 1251, 2ND FLOOR, IQUITOS-PERU
Destination: Amazon Rainforest
Country and Region: Peru, Loreto
Arrival/Departure City: Iquitos
Age Requirement: 18 +
Main Objective: Amazon Survival
Phases Involved: Preparation Phase, Training Phase, and Isolation Phase
Difficulty Levels: Moderate to Challenging, and Challenging to Strenuous
Services Upon Request: Ayahuasca Master Shaman (During First 5 Days)
Minimum Participants Per Group: (2).
Maximum Participants Per Group: (6).
Advance Booking Conditions: 1 Month Minimum.
Booking Payment Conditions: 50% Required.
Booking Payment Due: As Soon as 2 Participants are Signed Up.
Payment Methods: Credit/Debit Cards
Remaining Payment Deadline: Arrival Day in Iquitos.
Payment Adjustments Based on Growing Group: Handle on Arrival.
Scheduled Dates: Thursday, Feb 1st (Boat Departs from Iquitos to Jungle 16:00), Friday, Feb 2nd (Day 1), Wednesday, Feb 21st (Day 20),
Thursday, Feb 22nd (Boat Returns from Jungle to Iquitos from 11:00 to Noon).
In case you are very limited with time, please try to Arrive in Iquitos at the latest 4 hours before boat departure time, and schedule to leave Iquitos at the earliest 4 hours after the boat return time. If not, our best recommendation will be to be present in town 1 day before and 1 day after your expedition.
SHARED EXPEDITION BOOKING AGREEMENT:
Every single participant must clearly read, follow, and respect all established activities offered within their rough expedition outline. Doing this will help avoid conflicts with any other participating traveler within your group. Remember, This Is Not Your Private Expedition!.
Signing up for an expedition does not guarantee your seat unless your 50% reservation payment is received.
Amazon Expeditioners will only allow a maximum limit of 6 participants and a minimum of 2 participants per group, all this with the purpose of maintaining the best quality experience during our jungle explorations. We truly believe 6 travelers or less fit this criteria.
Once the 50% deposit payment of your reservation is formally made on your shared expedition, there is no going back since the decision to abandon your group, will not only affect us as organizers but will also affect other travelers who have already promised and paid their reservations to travel with you, if this turns to be the case. "You Will Basically Lose Your 50% Reservation Deposit Payment".
WHAT TO EXPECT IN ISOLATION PHASE:
- Expect to be dropped off in complete isolation with and without assistance.
- Uncomfortable nights in the middle of the Amazon.
- Hikes through the unexplored Amazon jungle territories.
- Physical and mental stress.
- Challenges and unexpected encounters.
- Survival in complete isolation with just nature as our own and unique companion.
- Hikes with inclement weather and on different difficult jungle terrain.
- Crossing of rivers, streams, and swamps.
- Continue hiking when navigation by water is not possible.
- Build floating devices when hiking is not possible (logs, canoes, and rafts).
- Hike for several hours, days, and weeks to achieve destinations.
- Build different types of animal traps to catch food.
- Make your own primitive strings and hooks to fish.
- Hunt what's necessary for your own survival.
- Learn to Find drinkable water from natural sources (vines, underground, etc.)
- Find the best wood to build a fire.
- Find the best tree bark to make strong natural rope for multiple purposes.
- Build primitive shelters at ground and tree level.
- Identify animal footprints and tracks.
- Cook what you catch during fishing and hunting.
- Use all the natural resources the best you can to your own advantage.
- Nomadic overnight stays in different parts of the jungle during the entire expedition.
COMPLETE ROUGH OUTLINE WILL BE PROVIDED ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR DETAILED TRAVEL REQUEST!
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Airport Pick Up and Drop Off Transportation.
- Hotel/Hostel Search Assistance Upon Arrival to Iquitos (If Needed).
- Fluvial Transportation Service to/from Remote Destinations (Speed and Slow Boats).
- Entry Permits to Indigenous Territories.
- Economic Support to Villages Nearby.
- First Responders Wilderness Kit for Emergencies with Antivenom Serums.
- Satellite/GPS Communication Devices with 24/7 SOS Coverage and Live Locators.
- Daily Meals will be Very Basic, Based on National Peruvian Dishes and Traditional Amazonian Dishes.
- Filtered Water.
- Translator (English-Spanish).
- Native Indigenous Guides and Translators (Spanish-Any Local Indigenous Language).
- Amazon Survival Certificate of Completion.
- Gear (Mosquito Net, Sleeping Mat, Blanket, and Machete).
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- Airfare to and from Iquitos.
- Personal Travel Insurance.
- Hotel/Hostel in Iquitos.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Booking in Advance is Highly Recommended; for the collection of personal information, authorization of entry to indigenous territories at all levels (national, regional, and communal authorities), logistic preparation, personnel assignment, etc.
- Be advised; that this is an open to the public SHARED EXPEDITION, exponsored and executed by AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS only.
- Arrival and Departure Recommendation to and from Iquitos; 1 day before and 1 day after your trip.
- Rucksack Size and Weight Recommendations; 45-55 liters (10-15 kilos approx.).
- For full packing list details visit our What to Pack page.
- Be advised; that this unique Amazon Survival is only open to highly motivated participants with strong adaptation capabilities and who are in good physical and mental condition, as they will be responsible for carrying their own equipment on each exploration hike through the primary jungle, as well as to go far and beyond for their own survival needs.
- In the case of Shamanism with Ayahuasca, Master Shamans are Requested; Travelers are highly advised to visit our next link "Master Plants Diet Info".
- All activities are subject to change due to weather conditions at any time of the year. The main rivers and the levels of the tributaries can vary and, therefore, it is possible that the navigation times and the excursions are modified at the discretion of the guide, this will not alter our motivation to make this trip the best.
- For additional information visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SIGNING UP: TO RECEIVE THE FULL ROUGH OUTLINE AND RATES ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT.
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN SIGNING UP: DO NOT FORGET TO PROVIDE US WITH A VALID WHATSAPP CONTACT NUMBER! .....OUR TEAM WILL CONTACT YOU VIA WHATSAPP ONLY, WE KINDLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO DOWNLOAD THIS APP IN CASE YOU DON'T HAVE IT. IN PERU THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO CONNECT WITH ANYONE AROUND.
IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE US WITH A VALID WHATSAPP MOBILE NUMBER AT THE MOMENT OF SIGNING UP, YOU WILL BE NOT CONSIDERED A SERIOUS POTENTIAL PARTICIPANT, IN OTHER WORDS, WE WILL NOT WASTE OUR TIME TRYING TO CONTACT YOU USING OTHER METHODS. WE USE E-MAILS FOR INVOICES ONLY.
THE AMAZON EXPEDITIONERS TEAM