AMAZON RIVER - ECO TOUR 4D/3N
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: EASY
Touring Areas: Amazon River, Nanay River, Eco Conservation Camps near Iquitos City "Amazon Rainforest"
Duration: 4 Days, 3 Nights
River Navigation Time from One Destination to Another: 30-45 minutes aprox.
Main Activities of the Trip: Observation of Fauna and Flora.
Other Events or Activities: Canoeing, Fishing, Photography, etc.
Booking in Advanced Required: 4 Days Minimum
Last Minute Booking: Contact Us Immediately Via WhatsApp +51 999 116 499
Reservation Payment Required: 50% Deposit to Secured Reservation
Remaining 50% Payment to Be Paid: Upon Arrival at Iquitos
Method of Payment: We Accept All Major Credit Cards by Clicking on the "BOOK NOW" Button
Departure Days: Any Day of The Week
Jungle trips along the Amazon river and small tributaries to non-remote jungle areas, designed for travelers who prefer to experience only, just a short dose of an eco-tourism adventure through the Amazon Rainforest of Peru near Iquitos City, with the convenience of spending the nights in Eco Lodges.
For visitors looking to experience the Amazon Rainforest in the most adventurous and a nomadic way, far from civilization exploring the remote areas of the Amazon jungle, we strongly recommend future travelers to select trips under our "EXPEDITIONS" page.
2 People: 420.00 USD per person
3 People: 400.00 USD per person
4-9 People: 380.00 USD per person
10+ People: 360.00 USD per person
DAY 1: Departure
08:00 Morning pickup from your accommodation or the airport in private car or mini-van (depending on group size) to arrive at the port town of Nanay-Bellavista. In our way there you will get a brief description of Iquitos city and some of his main attractions.
-Departure by boat from Nanay port, making a stop to see the conjunction of Nanay river and Amazon river. Continue down the river for 1 hour 30 minutes enjoying the beautiful landscapes and the possibility to see river dolphins (gray and pink), herons (like the snowy egret), Kingfisher, yellow-billed tern, turtles and many other species along with spectacular flora.
-During the navigation, we will make our first stop to Barrio Florido Community, and rural jungle town where visitors will have the chance see a Giant Amazon Tree, one of the largest tree species of the region “The Lupuna Tree” known in some other places of Central America, North America, and even Africa as the Kapok Tree.
-Lunch and Dinner will be served on board during our adventurous journey, based mainly on the typical dishes of the Amazonian region, including fresh fruit juices. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available per request
-Motorboat navigation will continue to the Monkey Island a small island which shelters a large number of exotic Amazonian animals, where you will get to know and play with macaws, others parrots species, sloths and a wide variety of monkeys: Woolly monkey (mono choro), Titi monkey (mono tocon), Spider monkey (mono araña or maquisapa), Tamarins (mono pichico), Howler monkey (mono aullador), Marmoset (mono leoncito), among others. The Monkey Island is a family owned rescue center, with all his permits up to date, dedicated to rescue, rehabilitate and release monkeys that are victims of the pet trade. They have freed more than 200 monkeys since 1997. At Monkey Island we may also get the chance to see alligators, turtles, toucans, macaws, parrots, etc. depending on the seasonal time of the year.
-After Monkey Island we set up to navigate and look for some sweet water dolphins like the gray and pink dolphin.
-Immediately after we will take our visitors on a boat ride for a Fishing Trip activity with the big chance to catch some piranhas and other species of river fish, The guide will instruct you, help you and provide you with all the artisanal fishing tools and bates needed.
-Break time will follow. This is your chance to jump into the river and relax while Swimming in the longest river of this beautiful planet. We will enjoy a peaceful dawn at the Amazon River.
-A Nocturnal Exploration Excursion will take place in search for spiders, snakes, lizards, frogs or rodents, and enjoy the different symphonic sounds of the nocturnal animals from this amazing Amazon Rainforest.
-Overnight at the Lodge
DAY 2: "Garzal Community Reserve Visit"
05:30 Early morning walk into the jungle. This is the best time to see wildlife in its own habitat by the riverbank and inside the jungle. Delight with the sounds of nature.
- Breakfast will be served.
- Boat navigation to Santa Maria de Fatima Community, a small 200 people village by the Amazon River. They have developed an ecotourism project and built a 15 meters wooden tower in the middle of the jungle to enjoy the landscape, and for the observation of different bird species, of the heronry called "El Garzal"
- Navigation in the Amazon River to Santa Maria de Fatima 30 minutes approx.
- Arrival at the community, entry registration and meeting with some of the local villagers will follow. Here at the Garzal Communal Reserve, a local guide will join our Amazon Expeditioners Lead Guide to continue with the touring.
- Jungle Hike for approximately 40 minutes will take place to get to know the area. There is a great chance to see different types of monkeys’ species.
- Lunch will be served
- Canoeing in route to the heronry.
- Climbing up the 3-floor 15 meters Wooden Watchtower to enjoy the view of the surrounding landscape and perform some wildlife search
- Animal spotting and bird watching while slowly navigating through the heronry dense vegetation. Here we can find Hoatzin (Shansho), a prehistoric Amazonian bird, and different species of herons like the snowy egret (garza blanca), white and brown boat-billed herons (huapapa Blanca y huapapa marron) and others.
- During the day we will have some local fruits to keep us energized
- Nocturnal Hiking looking for wildlife like smoky jungle frog (sapo hualo), lizards, snakes, and others. We can also find many medicinal plants that grow in the area and drink water from a water vine (called cat’s claw or uncaria tormentosa). The local guide will give us instructions on how they use them.
- Before returning back to the lodge we will start our Canoe Exploration Trip to look for white caimans.
- Boat navigation back to the lodge.
- Dinner at the lodge will be served
-Overnight at the River Lodge.
DAY 3: Yanayaku Jungle Exploration
07:30 Early Breakfast served
River Navigation starts in the direction of the Yanayaku Ecosystem
We will navigate around the Yanayacu basin and immerse ourselves into its clear reflecting waters. A short trek into the primary jungle will continue to the “Kingdom of giant trees”, from this point on visitors will need to carefully pay attention to the surroundings for wildlife spotting in the trees like three-toed sloths, monkeys, reptiles and birds. Here we will find the Lupuna tree (ceiba pentandra), one of the biggest tree species in the Amazon rainforest.
Lunch will be served on board
The Group will continue deep into the Yanayacu forest for approx. 1 1/2 hr. in the direction of the Yahua Creek during de Dry Season and to Falcon Creek during the Flooded Season. Along with this short hike, we can also observe some wildlife.
Once at the Creeks the group will proceed for a boat ride for all types of birds observation.
Fishing Activity will continue to try everyone's ability to fish.
After exploring the Creek we will return back to our boat.
Boat navigation back to the lodge.
Dinner will be served at the lodge.
Overnight at the lodge.
DAY 4: Return
05:00 Early wake up for a Boat Ride to see the sunrise and start our morning Yanayaku Bird Watching Exploration Tour, this is the best time to see wildlife in their own natural habitat by the riverbanks and deep inside the primary jungle
08:00 Breakfast will be served at the Lodge.
- Our Next Destination will be the Butterfly Farm where you visitors will have the opportunity to meet with lots of different butterfly species and learn about their metamorphosis process. Depending on water levels we will either ride in motorcars or typical motorboats to get to the Farm.
-Visit to share with some members of one of the oldest indigenous groups in the Amazon, the Yaguas Tribe. You will get to know some of their most typical songs and dances, practice your aim with the “cerbatana” (blowgun) and get the chance to contribute to their preservation by buying their hand-made handicrafts if you decide to do so (very optional).
-Navigation on the Amazon River, the largest river in the world, where visitors will appreciate the magnificence of the river, the exuberance of the jungle and the picturesque villages that show with their particular color and joy. We will arrive to our last destination “Fundo de Don Pedrito”, a nature reserve where visitors will see the famous Victoria Regia, the largest ornamental plant in the Amazon and you will have the opportunity to meet and feed the Paiches, the largest fish of the Amazon, feed the alligators and piranhas.
-Lunch will be served back in the Lodge
16:00-17:00 Return to our main port, and transfer to the hotel/airport (End of the Journey)
- Airport Transportation
- Fluvial Transportation
- Jungle Accommodations:
All Accommodations are in Eco Lodges
- All Meals During Tour (vegetarian, vegan, etc. all upon request)
- Purified Water
- Amazon Expeditioners Guide (English/Spanish)
- First Aid Kit
- Detailed Itinerary
SERVICES NOT INCLUDED
- Airplane tickets
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Local Hotel in Iquitos
Once the reservation of your trip is received by our booking system online, you will be assigned to one of our travel coordinators to assist you within 20 days before your arrival to Iquitos, he/she will be in contact with you via e-mail or through our WhatsApp Customer Service Line to start providing you, and collecting important information needed from each participants in your private group in order to successfully initiate the logistical preparation of your journey.
Programs and activities are flexible and will be adjusted based on Mother Nature’s weather conditions.